We are here to support you & your business
We have had an unprecedented start to 2020 and Aussie businesses are going to face new challenges in the coming weeks and months.
As helping Aussie businesses save time and money is our core purpose at Make it Cheaper, we want you to know that our team is available to support you and your business whether you are a customer of ours or not.
To speak to us call 1300957721 or email [email protected]
Some helpful tips to help you and your business
Government support for business affected by COVID-19
- The Government has announced a mandatory code of conduct for commercial tenancies to support small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) Find out more
- The Government has announced the JobKeeper Payment Temporary Scheme.
Affected employers will be able to claim a fortnightly payment of $1,500 per eligible employee from 30 March 2020 until 27 September 2020. Learn more about how the JobKeeper Payment can help employers and sole traders
Energy rebates & how to reduce energy bills
Relief measures for South Australia, NSW and Victoria include:
- Network charges will be rebated for small business customers experiencing financial stress and who are mothballing as a result of COVID-19, this applies to businesses who's usage goes to less than 25% than historic average consumption or those that consume less than 40MWh or 400GJ per annum (based on 2019 consumption) and use less than 25% of historical average consumption for the period. Usage charges still apply, so it is still worthwhile for all businesses to review their current tariff and find out if there is a cheaper plan available via a FREE ENERGY COMPARISON
- Network charges will be deferred for residential customers of large retailers who go on payment plans or hardship arrangements put in place as a result of COVID-19.
- More information can be found in this summary
Keeping your home energy bills under control
As many of us are working from home, it is important to secure competitive energy pricing now before you incur large winter energy bills that will be increased with more people spending time at home. Get a FREE ENERGY COMPARISON to find savings now.
Commercial energy customers
For large market customers, we can help by renegotiating your existing contract or support your conversations with retailers during this time of hardship. We have worked alongside our business customers for over 10 years and saved them over $357 million on energy bills, to talk to one of our energy consultants who specialise in large market energy contracts call 1300957721.
Review costs to find savings
Some businesses are experiencing a quieter than usual trading period, this is an ideal time to review some of your key expenses to secure better rates across your energy bills, business insurance or finance. By being proactive now you could secure future savings of hundreds or thousands of dollars without leaving your home or workplace with a free comparison.
Get a free comparison to find out if you could save money on core expenses.
We urge you to support local businesses whilst it is still safe to do so. Imagine a world without your favourite butcher, café, hairdresser or fruit shop? Your local business won’t have the same ammunition as the larger companies to survive these challenging times, so please continue to support small business any way you can and in turn, others will support you.
How to manage COVID-19 in your workplace
As an employer there is a lot of unknown territory to navigate, Business Australia has put together this comprehensive guide to help you manage COVID-19 in the workplace.
This can be a very stressful time for businesses and your staff. Beyond Blue have provided tips to help.
What are we doing to keep our community safe?
At Make it Cheaper, we have taken precautions to ensure our workforce stays safe by implementing a full remote working contingency.
We are all working usual hours and are here to help you.
We hope that you and your families stay safe during this time.
Our team can be contacted on 1300957721 Monday to Friday, 9.00am - 5:30pm.